Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Topics

WOW! Blackest Heart: A German Chainsaw massacre
by Assaoui
[December 03, 2019, 06:24:53 PM]
A Nun's Curse {2019}
by woodenheart
[December 03, 2019, 01:16:57 PM]
Deep Web XXX ~ PRE ORDER UP ON 9/30/19
by woodenheart
[December 03, 2019, 08:16:54 AM]
One Must Fall {2019}
by woodenheart
[December 03, 2019, 08:00:18 AM]
Post The Last Movie You Watched
by dobermann65
[December 02, 2019, 09:21:39 AM]
Newest Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS You Have Bought?
by Mr. Awesome
[December 01, 2019, 09:38:47 PM]
Most Recent TV Show You Watched
by woodenheart
[December 01, 2019, 09:20:14 AM]
Hunters {2020 -}
by Seikotik
[November 30, 2019, 10:29:31 PM]
The Nightingale
by woodenheart
[November 30, 2019, 08:29:29 AM]
Unearthed Films Releases
by woodenheart
[November 30, 2019, 03:06:29 AM]
Extreme Horror and rape.
by CountOrlok
[November 29, 2019, 10:30:57 PM]
Blood Bags {2018}
by woodenheart
[November 29, 2019, 11:06:42 AM]
Unearthed Films
by woodenheart
[November 29, 2019, 06:09:39 AM]
Shriekshow {2020}
by woodenheart
[November 28, 2019, 05:32:41 AM]
Joker {Put on a happy face} Discussion Thread.
by woodenheart
[November 26, 2019, 04:29:10 AM]

Author Topic: What Are You Currently Listening To?  (Read 216995 times)

Offline General Ox

• My world is darker now, than the blackest crow.
  • Administrator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
Re: What Are You Currently Listening To?
« Reply #840 on: September 09, 2015, 03:43:12 AM »
Arrived today:

Jesus fuck. This album is a masterpiece. In ever sense of the word. I've listened to it once and I already can say it it easily my new favourite album from the mighty Maiden. From songs about Aztec civilisations, to The Red Baron, to depressed clowns, and the mighty R101 and it's horrible end which is one of, if not the best closing song on any album. An epic 18 minute beautiful beast of a tribute to the lives lost.

A sensational album. This is easily album of the year for me. I was expecting it to be good.. But not to this extent. Sensational. I can not wait to see them mid next year..
A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Offline Dave

• Depraved
« Reply #841 on: September 09, 2015, 06:03:54 AM »
This is easily album of the year

The new Deftones album coming out in November will blow it away.

Offline General Ox

• Administrator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
« Reply #842 on: September 09, 2015, 06:23:24 AM »
lol lol

Deftones are about as relevant as the dogshit on my lawn when compared to Maiden.
A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Offline Dave

• Depraved
« Reply #843 on: September 09, 2015, 06:32:53 AM »
Deftones are about as relevant as the dogshit on my lawn when compared to Maiden.

They're one of the most influential bands of their generation you tone deaf ignoramus. Every one of their released seven studio albums is gold.

The new Bring Me the Horizon album coming out Friday will probably be a contender for album of the year as well.

Offline General Ox

• Administrator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
« Reply #844 on: September 10, 2015, 04:05:34 AM »
Oh their generation maybe, but not close to all time. I don't hate them, but nothing they've done I'd buy.

You hate Maiden, but the album is absolutely amazing, and the highly favourable praise from everywhere should be some indication to how good it is. Metal Hammer even gave it a perfect 10, which is very rare.

lol
Bring Me The Horizen is fucking awful. A terrible. Terrible "band". And I'm tonedef... lol lol lol lol

Next you'll be saying Parkway Drive and Cattle Decapitation is great too, and all those other utterly horrible screaming bands. God I hate those so fucking much. They have tainted Metal with an unclean-able stigma. I would rather listen to fucking Miley Cyrus for the rest of my life than those talentless screaming chunks of shit. I hope they all die horridly.

Offline Yggdrasil

• Twisted
« Reply #845 on: September 10, 2015, 09:45:25 AM »
They have tainted Metal with an unclean-able stigma. I would rather listen to fucking Miley Cyrus for the rest of my life than those talentless screaming chunks of shit. I hope they all die horridly.

lol lol lol

Don't care much for Bring Me The Horizon, and I haven't heard anything by Parkway Drive, but Cattle Decapitation's new album is the album of the year (for me, anyway). Haters gonna hate yo.

Offline Dave

• Depraved
« Reply #846 on: September 10, 2015, 04:01:44 PM »
Oh their generation maybe, but not close to all time. I don't hate them, but nothing they've done I'd buy.

You hate Maiden, but the album is absolutely amazing, and the highly favourable praise from everywhere should be some indication to how good it is. Metal Hammer even gave it a perfect 10, which is very rare.

I never said I hated Maiden. I just said they're not my cup of tea because I find them cheesy.

Deftones are though one of the most influential alternative metal bands of all time. Most bands that have come up after them are influenced by them. Near enough every Deftones album has received "highly favourable praise". Even 'Saturday Night Wrist' that is so underrated is easily one of their best albums.

Bring Me The Horizen is fucking awful. A terrible. Terrible "band". And I'm tonedef

Yeah you're "tone def". BMTH are a great band. It's not "tainted metal" at all they just have a wide range of influences with a rich palette in their sound.

Next you'll be saying Parkway Drive and Cattle Decapitation is great too.

No I won't.

Offline I_Drink_Your_Blood

• Baron Blood
  • Depraved
  • Drinking your blood since '83
« Reply #847 on: September 10, 2015, 04:18:02 PM »
I also find Maiden pretty cheesy, they're listenable but that's about it... I've never really got into their music from the standpoint where I can consume a whole album in one sitting and where it really connects with me.

As for Deftones, I was at high school when White Pony was released and I pretty much OD'd on it. I also had Adrenaline and Around the Fur on CD but pretty much haven't seriously listened to any Deftones since my mid teens. I heard Diamond Eyes was supposed to be good but couldn't really get into it like I had the other albums. I think Deftones was more a 'time and a place' band for me (I could say that about so many bands though...) and I just don't have time for them anymore.

Prove me wrong and recommend me a more recent track to check out which is considered great.

Offline Dave

• Depraved
« Reply #848 on: September 10, 2015, 04:40:57 PM »
I also find Maiden pretty cheesy, they're listenable but that's about it... I've never really got into their music from the standpoint where I can consume a whole album in one sitting and where it really connects with me.
That's exactly how I feel about Maiden. I can listen to them when I hear their tracks played on Kerrang Radio but that's as far as it goes.

As for Deftones, I was at high school when White Pony was released and I pretty much OD'd on it.
Probably my favourite Deftones album.

I also had Adrenaline and Around the Fur on CD
Great albums too.

I heard Diamond Eyes was supposed to be good but couldn't really get into it like I had the other albums.
I think it's beautiful stuff.

I think Deftones was more a 'time and a place' band for me (I could say that about so many bands though...) and I just don't have time for them anymore.

Prove me wrong and recommend me a more recent track to check out which is considered great.

Offline I_Drink_Your_Blood

• Baron Blood
  • Depraved
  • Drinking your blood since '83
« Reply #849 on: September 10, 2015, 05:03:03 PM »
Thanks for the rec. I listened to it and whilst I certainly didn't dislike it, it didn't really 'speak to me' either.

I think the issue may be in part to do with what I mentioned above about 'a time and a place' band. I can go back and listen to all of those tracks from White Pony I loved and played on continuous repeat in my teens and I would get the same impression and feeling as I just got listening to the above track. I don't think it's the music as such, more me. I was a different person back then and the music symbolised and epitomised my life at the time I listened to it and loved it. Plus, I guess tastes can change too. I just don't seem to connect with or get the joy from it as I once did and it feels hollow in comparison. The same goes for a few other bands - Nirvana being another prime example.

Offline Dave

• Depraved
« Reply #850 on: September 10, 2015, 06:47:08 PM »

I think the issue may be in part to do with what I mentioned above about 'a time and a place' band. I can go back and listen to all of those tracks from White Pony I loved and played on continuous repeat in my teens and I would get the same impression and feeling as I just got listening to the above track. I don't think it's the music as such, more me. I was a different person back then and the music symbolised and epitomised my life at the time I listened to it and loved it. Plus, I guess tastes can change too. I just don't seem to connect with or get the joy from it as I once did and it feels hollow in comparison. The same goes for a few other bands - Nirvana being another prime example.

Yeah as we get older tastes can change. We were all different people when we were younger and some of the music  we were listening to then doesn't relate to who we are now. 

Offline Deadly Fiend

• Twisted
« Reply #851 on: September 11, 2015, 11:47:10 AM »

Offline General Ox

• Administrator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
« Reply #852 on: September 12, 2015, 02:13:42 AM »
Just bought this:

Alice Cooper
Johnny Depp
Paul McCartney
Christopher Lee
Dave Grohl
Slash
Joe Perry
Brain Johnson

And a tone more... Going to be fucking awesome.

Offline biosphere

• Twisted
  • My Brain Sucks - You Should Know That!
« Reply #853 on: September 28, 2015, 12:00:11 PM »
I bought Dave Gilmour's latest album 'Rattle That Lock' yesterday - due to his age it wouldn't surprise me if this is the last piece of music we hear from Mr Gilmour.

An album full of ambience, melancholic dreams and harmonies. Definitely worth a 9/10 (promise I'm not being bias cause of floyd)

"And if the fact of your own death was hard to understand,
at least it wasn't impossible to accept"

Offline biosphere

• Twisted
  • My Brain Sucks - You Should Know That!
« Reply #854 on: October 23, 2015, 01:26:47 PM »
! No longer available

Used to be really into Chimaira when this album came out but subsequent albums just didn't cut the mustard!

"And if the fact of your own death was hard to understand,
at least it wasn't impossible to accept"