Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Topics

Post The Last Movie You Watched
by splat
[Today at 07:26:15 AM]
Brightburn {2019} Superhero HORROR!
by Seikotik
[Yesterday at 11:42:56 AM]
Newest Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS You Have Bought?
by SymmetricShivers
[December 15, 2018, 09:05:21 PM]
The House That Jack Built (2018)
by splat
[December 15, 2018, 10:03:48 AM]
TERATOMORPH
by SymmetricShivers
[December 15, 2018, 12:41:38 AM]
Flesh To Play {2016}
by splat
[December 14, 2018, 07:39:21 AM]
Red Tragedy [2018]
by Janos
[December 13, 2018, 10:59:36 PM]
mentalheadtraumafilms
by splat
[December 12, 2018, 09:25:59 AM]
Godzilla: King of the Monsters {2019}
by splat
[December 11, 2018, 11:29:01 PM]
Cerebral Films
by woodenheart
[December 11, 2018, 04:31:48 AM]
Unearthed Films
by woodenheart
[December 09, 2018, 08:12:45 AM]
Playground {2016}
by woodenheart
[December 09, 2018, 07:58:31 AM]
Toxic Cinema Production
by Demented Sleazy
[December 06, 2018, 10:08:30 PM]
Halloween Horror - Short Film (2018)
by splat
[December 04, 2018, 05:27:34 PM]
Mandy {2018}
by Seikotik
[November 30, 2018, 05:40:20 AM]

Author Topic: Daughter of Dismay (2018)  (Read 885 times)

Offline Seikotik

• lawless
  • EHC Moderator
  • Demented
  • destroy/create
Daughter of Dismay (2018)
« on: June 10, 2018, 02:38:04 PM »

Daughter of Dismay

Written and Directed by:
James Quinn

Daughter of Dismay is an upcoming fantasy/horror-drama short thatís currently in pre-production.

The film tells the surreal and mystical tale of a witch, an emotionally broken woman who enters the deep of the woods to fulfill her biggest desire, her most heartfelt wish, for which she takes extreme and radical measures, measures that will have sinister consequences, leading to a heartbreaking and deeply melancholic finale. Portrayed in stark black and white images, the film will be an epic, moving and emotional trip through a world of witchcraft and occultism, focusing on a different kind of witch than usually portrayed in media, one that doesnít focus on cliched depictions of devil worship, but on a much deeper and more human side, one that many will find very much relatable.

The short film can be helped funded by visiting www.sodomchimera.com/shop

The shop features exclusive items such as signed Flesh of the Void DVDs, Thank You Credits, Limited Posters and more. Check it out and spread the word.

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • 病気の
Re: Daughter of Dismay (2018)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 10:30:40 PM »
Everything is very expensive.. whew

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • what is it!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 10:40:00 PM »
:whew:

Now in stating that here is a guy bringing forth inspiring visions!

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • 病気の
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 05:05:51 AM »
Daughter of Dismay
15 hrs ∑
This is the biggest announcement Sodom & Chimera Productions has made so far.

We were initially planning on shooting Daughter of Dismay on anamorphic 35mm, in black and white. We're absolutely over the moon to announce that we will be doing additional funding and have upped the required budget, and will now be shooting the film on 65mm (what some of you may know as 70mm). Yes, you heard that right. This was decided for purely aesthetic reasons. 35mm is very fine grained and detailed already, but the rich complexity of 65mm film has a quality that is unreached in the film industry, even by the most advanced digital cameras. We wanted this film to not have the slightest amount of roughness, no visible grain whatsoever, and the clearest, finest image we can get, while still maintaining the aesthetics of film, and 65mm is the absolute perfect format for that.

As if this wasn't exciting enough, we're actually the first horror short in the history of film to have shot on 65mm, and one of only 25 shorts in total that have previously used this format. Also, we seem to be the only shot-on-65mm film that is in black and white. So, we're pretty much making a bit of history here.

The budget is currently being finalized and carefully planned through, and we're planning on launching an official crowdfunding campaign soon, since the perks we're offering through our online shop are just not reaching enough people. More info on this will be coming soon. Meanwhile, you can still contribute at www.sodomchimera.com/shop. Anything helps

This film will happen, no matter how. Careful planning is allowing us to shoot this on a budget that is still feasible.

We're insanely thrilled to announce this, and are extremely grateful to be able to visualize this vision in such a beautiful and breathtaking way.

More info will be coming soon. Stay tuned.

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • 病気の
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 07:48:34 PM »

James Quinn
4 hrs ∑

New poster of Daughter of Dismay. Going into post production later this week, we're currently waiting for the 2,5TB of scanned IMAX footage to arrive.

At this point, I'd like to utter a heartfelt fuck you to everyone who ever doubted me or told me I couldn't do what I dreamed of doing. I went from shooting underground 16mm horror (which I absolutely love and will continue to do) to making cinematic history by shooting the first narrative 70mm IMAX short in existence in a matter of seven months, something I've been aiming for for a long while, something I've actually managed to achieve after an entire life of agony due to severe mental illness, even leading to several suicide attempts. I put so much blood, sweat and tears into getting this made that I'm currently on a diet of anxiety meds and tea, since I almost ruined myself physically and mentally with it, but it fucking happened, and I did shoot this thing. And even though I'm exhausted, I'm overwhelmed by the fact that I made a personal dream come true. It hurt like hell and I'll need some time to recover from this, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Post production is scheduled to finish in December, after which 70mm IMAX, regular 70mm and 35mm prints will be made for exhibition. I can't wait to bring this absolute monster of a short film to an audience.

I made this dream of mine come true and completely annihilated the demons in my head that forced me to live in complete suffering and dread for the majority of my life. If you're reading this and you're still trying to make something happen: You can. If I can, you can, too. It'll hurt, but you can fucking do it. Burn the world to the ground.

Offline Seikotik

• lawless
  • EHC Moderator
  • Demented
  • destroy/create
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 06:48:25 AM »
Excited.