Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Topics

Followers of the Dead Light {2020} A Yan Kaos Extreme Gore Film
by splat
[Today at 01:48:31 PM]
Marian Dora is back with two movies
by Alfred
[Today at 11:51:38 AM]
Unearthed Films Releases
by Seikotik
[Today at 07:09:36 AM]
Favourite cannibal movies?
by CountOrlok
[Today at 06:04:42 AM]
Post The Last Movie You Watched
by Mayvmi
[Today at 01:03:18 AM]
Candyman {2020}
by woodenheart
[Yesterday at 09:37:36 PM]
Favourite zombie films?
by splat
[Yesterday at 10:47:26 AM]
Primal - 2010
by CountOrlok
[Yesterday at 12:30:28 AM]
Favourite Australian films?
by CountOrlok
[February 25, 2020, 04:36:30 AM]
Most Recent TV Show You Watched
by Hemwick
[February 24, 2020, 04:40:01 PM]
Obsidian
by woodenheart
[February 23, 2020, 06:00:03 PM]
BLACK LAVA ENTERTAINMENT - FUCK THE MAINSTREAM!
by woodenheart
[February 22, 2020, 08:15:03 PM]
THE BATMAN {2021}
by Hemwick
[February 21, 2020, 04:02:08 PM]
Resident Evil
by CountOrlok
[February 21, 2020, 04:42:15 AM]
Swallow {2020}
by Mayvmi
[February 15, 2020, 03:07:55 PM]

Author Topic: Tras el cristal (1987) ~ In a Glass Cage ~  (Read 8368 times)

Offline Renacimiento

• Twisted
Tras el cristal (1987) ~ In a Glass Cage ~
« on: January 27, 2013, 11:23:39 PM »

“In A Glass Cage” is not only an exceptional drama that reflects on the consequences of war, it is also a very good representation of psychological terror.

At first we found a naked child, hung from the ceiling with his feet and hands bound, while is being photographed by a man of perverse looking and unknown intentions in a ruined building.

Later, the same man, we find him bedridden, immobile, only a apparatus of paralysis keeps him alive.

Gradually we found out that it is Klaus, a collaborator doctor of the former Nazi recently exiled in Spain. With him are his wife, overwhelmed by the life that she has lived, and his young daughter, who is solitary and introverted.

One night, not knowing how or when, a young stranger sneaks into the house, who claims to be a nurse. He offered to take care of Klaus and despite the initial reluctance of the woman, her husband's insistence to accept him eventually prevail.

From this point, it will begin to develop an unhealthy relationship between these two characters, to the point that the young is offered to be the one to run new experiments.

The director was inspired by several themes, ending coming together in this heartbreaking film. But his main inspiration came to hear the story of Gilles de Rais, a gentleman of Joan of Arc, a man who allegedly fought for the faith in God and ended finally committing a number of atrocities, including the having murdered of hundreds of children.

In short this is an excellent film, considered within the horror genre. The film fulfills the mission of disrupting the viewer, while the end gives us a reflection on the evil present in humans in the most obscure possible. A film absolutely recommendable.

DirtyLopez

Re: Tras el cristal (1987) ~ In a Glass Cage ~
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 05:29:01 AM »
Cult Epics absolutely won me over after my purchase of IaGC during a rummage sale. It was a good marketing move to place the quote of Waters' on the coverart -> something like he'd never show the movie to his friends. A re-release used a different Waters' quote.

Anyways, yeah, very engaging material on the screen. The scene most powerful to me was the monologue with entwined subjects; the "nurse" fellow recites out of the incapacitated man's trophy notes while intermingling the implication of the wife's intent and attempt of murder amongst the exact same words spoken to coax him when he was but a tyke.

Almodovar's muse, Maresa Paredes was a perfect choice in wife and... PROBABLY the only woman fit enough for the bill to take the part, considering her past work with Pedro[ie: an LSD-eating, lesbian nun]. No woman who felt so self-respectable would dare take the part. I pat her balls of yesteryear.

While TRAS EL CRISTAL is most radars' prime focus, Agustí Villaronga's EL MAR [The Sea] has had much of its thunder stolen. Therein is a reason as to why its price in DVD format is an arm and a leg.

Offline Renacimiento

• Twisted
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 06:36:50 PM »
I have not yet had the chance to watch "The sea / El mar", but "Pa Negre" also directed by Villagonga I found it quite correct, the scenery is very well made and the actors do a great job, and at times I could perceive the unhealthy atmosphere that I had also perceived in "In A Glass Cage".

Offline xxsic4slipknotxx

• Twisted
  • In Heaven, everything is fine.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 08:42:59 AM »
I still need to pick up the Blu-ray for this film.  Always enjoyed what it brought to the table.  I still kinda find it creepy that Günter Meisner, who played Mr. Slugworth in Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory, was in this.  Then again, I guess he was kinda creepy in that film as well.

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • hello sick deviant fucks
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 10:01:11 AM »
Cult Epics has this up now on their vimeo https://vimeo.com/ondemand/inaglasscage/159858573

Offline Renacimiento

• Twisted
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 05:19:59 AM »
I'm glad to know that there are still people who enjoy this film.