Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Topics

Post The Last Movie You Watched
by Riot
[Today at 08:33:08 PM]
Flesh of the Void
by SymmetricShivers
[Today at 08:00:09 PM]
Glass {2019} ~ M. Night Shyamalan
by woodenheart
[Today at 07:29:38 PM]
Nekro Fuck Maniac
by splat
[Today at 08:39:06 AM]
Let's Make a…Horror Movie (2014) / magGot Films {Films that Kill}
by splat
[Today at 08:33:26 AM]
Chromebaby
by splat
[July 18, 2018, 05:32:20 PM]
Newest Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS You Have Bought?
by SymmetricShivers
[July 18, 2018, 03:35:06 PM]
Bohemian Rhapsody {2018}
by woodenheart
[July 17, 2018, 07:06:36 PM]
American Guinea Pig: Song of Solomon
by SymmetricShivers
[July 17, 2018, 09:44:01 AM]
Dogged {2017}
by SymmetricShivers
[July 15, 2018, 01:39:56 PM]
Who's Watching Oliver {2017}
by SymmetricShivers
[July 15, 2018, 01:05:43 PM]
Clownado ~ A Film By Todd Sheets
by woodenheart
[July 14, 2018, 10:46:01 AM]
DER TAG DER VIOLETTEN SONNE {THE DAY OF THE PURPLE SUN}
by Alfred
[July 13, 2018, 02:48:44 AM]
the bliss ~ a new film from James & Mae Bell
by splat
[July 13, 2018, 12:12:46 AM]
Who WATCHED Oliver? ~ A Who's Watching Oliver Film Celebration~
by SymmetricShivers
[July 12, 2018, 02:03:01 PM]

Author Topic: Flesh of the Void  (Read 14107 times)

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • 病気の
Re: Flesh of the Void
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2018, 07:28:37 PM »
I didn't see the option to have it signed so I missed out...so I bought another...signed.  :)

Offline Seikotik

• lawless
  • EHC Moderator
  • Demented
  • destroy/create
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2018, 05:35:11 AM »
Wow. Already close to selling out. Thats great!

This film did feel refreshing. James deserves the support.

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • 病気の
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2018, 07:31:06 PM »
Flesh of the Void
Page Liked · 7 hrs ·

Here's a little teaser for the ton of people who ordered their Flesh of the Void DVD signed. Thank you for your support, it means a lot and it's the reason we get to keep making films. You fucking rock.

Offline Seikotik

• lawless
  • EHC Moderator
  • Demented
  • destroy/create
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2018, 05:38:59 AM »
So awesome!

Offline Mayvmi

• GORE WHORE
  • EHC Moderator
  • Demented
  • 28:06:42:12
    • Reviews
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2018, 02:07:50 AM »
Are they signing the VHS too? I forgot

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • 病気の

Offline SymmetricShivers

• Debauched
  • All colours applied, all darkness present
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2018, 11:42:55 AM »
It looks truly scrumptious   :D

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2018, 08:24:51 PM »
Flesh of the Void IS an awesome experience!

Offline dobermann65

• Twisted
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2018, 05:05:34 PM »
I just watched Flesh of the Void and I absolutely cannot understand the praise the film got. What was that? Art? As far as I can see (when you can see somenthing among all the noise) it's just people standing in a forest, long scenes of the steel plant at Linz - which I know because I live nearby. Then somebody is wanking for minutes on end or somebody is getting a blowjob and then there is more peiole in the forest with cheap a*s masks. Oh yes, let's not forget the end, where somebody is "stabbed" in the belly whith a retracting plastic knife. And now please don't tell me "you don't understand the movie". Sorry, I think's it's boring, a sad copy of "begotten" and some people call it "art".

Offline Mr. Awesome

• Fatass McFuckface
  • Twisted
  • kjhdfkdjhs
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2018, 08:13:29 PM »
You mean the movie was exactly what it looked like? A huge pile of garbage?

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • 病気の
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2018, 08:41:09 PM »
I just watched Flesh of the Void and I absolutely cannot understand the praise the film got. What was that? Art? As far as I can see (when you can see somenthing among all the noise) it's just people standing in a forest, long scenes of the steel plant at Linz - which I know because I live nearby. Then somebody is wanking for minutes on end or somebody is getting a blowjob and then there is more peiole in the forest with cheap a*s masks. Oh yes, let's not forget the end, where somebody is "stabbed" in the belly whith a retracting plastic knife. And now please don't tell me "you don't understand the movie". Sorry, I think's it's boring, a sad copy of "begotten" and some people call it "art".

Yes, I call it art..James' vision put to film and played for us so we can enter his mind. I am so glad he shared. A fever dream. His inner most visions. Desires. Fantasies. Pain. Suffering. He showed us what is in his head and beautifully I might add. I just laid back and entered his world for a while. 

Art films make me feel things. Disturbed, sad, aroused. When a filmmaker can reach me, I welcome it.

I can't wait til his DVD arrives. It will lay next to me and I will cherish it. This is something I can watch over and over.   :red_heart:

Maybe you are too close to it. You know the places that he filmed and you see them every day. You may see them differently. : )

''Begotten'' never came to mind when watching this.  :thinking:

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2018, 12:06:20 AM »
Movie spoke to me. Some of what he's vision are things that have lived in my own head so I could relate. Other things dug into me.

I too never once got the Begotten vibe. Ronny Carlsson got the same thing for Récompense though he had never seen the film until after he had produced his own vision.

Here is what James mentions about his creation...

Every time I see someone commenting "Begotten rip off!" whenever stills or clips of Flesh of the Void are posted, I die inside. Are we really living in a time where absolutely no one seems to know what old, grainy film looks like? All of those insanely constrasty, beautifully filthy looking silent films and surreal expressionist film works, anyone remember those? Those are my favorite films ever, which is why I tried to approach a similar look with Flesh of the Void. As much as I love Begotten, I can't stand being compared to it anymore. I don't mind negative feedback, or even hate, I'm used to it, but people so severely misjudging something based on a lack of knowledge saddens me, since it also makes it seem like none of the mainstream audience remembers old classics anymore, the films that are the sole reason why all the modern films that you're watching now even exist. I have a personal emotional relationship with those films, they're the reason I'm a filmmaker now, and every time I notice how many people don't even know them anymore, I feel like I'm doing the wrong thing (one that I will still never stop doing).

Now go watch this if you're one of the people I'm addressing this post to, and cry about this fucking beauty you've never seen.

Offline Mayvmi

• GORE WHORE
  • EHC Moderator
  • Demented
  • 28:06:42:12
    • Reviews
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2018, 06:31:28 PM »
The only thing that connects this to Begotten is the black and white grainy look, other than that I wouldn’t even go as far as to say it was somehow inspired by it at all. The pacing is different, the content is different, the vibe is different. Though visually similar in the most generic sense, I wouldn’t compare the two if you’ve seen both all the way through. You can like Begotten and not like this film, but they shouldn’t be compared as if Flesh of the Void was trying to “rip off” Begotten.

Offline Seikotik

• lawless
  • EHC Moderator
  • Demented
  • destroy/create
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2018, 06:43:08 AM »
I loved this flick.

Stoked for it when it arrives so I can watch it again.

Offline dobermann65

• Twisted
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2018, 03:31:47 PM »
Ok i mean the look is like begotten. I dont understand the movie at all. it does nothing for me.But this might also be because i know the locations very well. however there are also movies i love and other people don't understand why. to each their own, the world would be a boring place if we were all the same.