Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Topics

Trailer Dump
by splat
[Today at 08:06:02 PM]
Uncut Gems {2019}
by woodenheart
[Today at 04:46:51 PM]
Newest Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS You Have Bought?
by CountOrlok
[Today at 03:36:57 PM]
One Must Fall {2019}
by General Ox
[Today at 03:37:39 AM]
Most Recent TV Show You Watched
by Mayvmi
[December 08, 2019, 10:45:05 PM]
Post The Last Movie You Watched
by Mayvmi
[December 08, 2019, 10:41:15 PM]
This Is Our Home {2019}
by woodenheart
[December 07, 2019, 10:24:17 PM]
WOW! Blackest Heart: A German Chainsaw massacre
by splat
[December 07, 2019, 09:04:30 AM]
A Nun's Curse {2019}
by woodenheart
[December 03, 2019, 01:16:57 PM]
Deep Web XXX ~ PRE ORDER UP ON 9/30/19
by woodenheart
[December 03, 2019, 08:16:54 AM]
Hunters {2020 -}
by Seikotik
[November 30, 2019, 10:29:31 PM]
The Nightingale
by woodenheart
[November 30, 2019, 08:29:29 AM]
Unearthed Films Releases
by woodenheart
[November 30, 2019, 03:06:29 AM]
Extreme Horror and rape.
by CountOrlok
[November 29, 2019, 10:30:57 PM]
Blood Bags {2018}
by woodenheart
[November 29, 2019, 11:06:42 AM]

Author Topic: August Underground's Mordum {2003}  (Read 14568 times)

Offline General Ox

• My world is darker now, than the blackest crow.
  • Administrator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
Re: August Underground's Mordum {2003}
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 10:01:50 PM »
Bump..

I read young aussies thoughts in recent movie seen but I need his words in my thread <3

lol

I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. One pretty sick little film, and something that caught me totally off guard was the acting, and how real it was. It must have been the first one I tried watching ages ago, but thought it was total crap and turned it off. Glad to see this was a lot better. Those characters were totally bonkers. lol

There were some scenes where I thought it dragged a bit, I mean, it could have used less time doing the same shit over and over. That vomity scene for example. It just gets to a point where I was thinking "OK, I've seen you do it and laugh move on". Other than that though I don't really have any complaints. There were two scenes that had me questioning why I was watching it. lol 8.5/10

Happy little one?
A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Offline Mario

• Twisted
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 02:11:42 PM »
While we're on the topic of this one, I wanted to ask if any of you have seen the "MagGot Cut." It was the first cut of the movie that was released back in 2003 and is the version that Michael prefers. I have both the MagGot Cut and the TOETAG version. Michael sells the MagGot Cut through www.maggotfilms.com

I actually like the TOETAG cut better. The MagGot version starts off with a more experimental look with footage from all over the place strewn together and scenes are in a different order (the vomiting scene is in the beginning) and this one doesn't have the scene at the beginning of the TOETAG cut with Crusty cutting herself or the scene with the junkies. That stuff wasn't filmed until after Michael left TOETAG. Overall, it's interesting to watch both versions and compare them.

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • 病気の
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 03:12:46 PM »
I did not know this. I may have to buy the MagGot Cut..

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • hello sick deviant fucks
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2013, 12:19:14 AM »
here is the design of the new AU Mordum tee available naturally at the Toe Tag Store here http://www.toetag.biz/store/clothing/august-undergrounds-mordum-tv-teeshirt/

Offline DooDaDerek

• Twisted
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 08:54:37 PM »
I honestly expected worse. And the first did it well. That was brutal and realistic. This is just disgusting for disgusting's sake.

Vomiting in someone's mouth in 20 minutes? Pretentious shock garbage.

The third is good though. The first is great. This just sucked.

Offline CountOrlok

• EHC Moderator
  • Demented
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 09:00:20 PM »
They all suck, just pathetic garbage.  Weirdos get off on this crap.

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • 病気の
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 09:05:19 PM »
They all suck, just pathetic garbage.  Weirdos get off on this crap.

Pardon me?

This is an amazing piece of cinema.  Some of the most sickest scenes and so much madness. I felt like I was on a this journey with them. The FX outstanding!

Offline CountOrlok

• EHC Moderator
  • Demented
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 09:20:07 PM »
Cinema?  You call this cinema?  I wouldn't even call it art.  :no:

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2013, 10:51:54 PM »
I'm a weirdo and I love this series. Shock for shock value, no. Shock for horror value yes. I guess these movies will get hatred from people but in the end each to their own.

Offline General Ox

• Administrator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 12:26:46 AM »
Pardon me?

This is an amazing piece of cinema.  Some of the most sickest scenes and so much madness. I felt like I was on a this journey with them. The FX outstanding!

:yes:  :yes:

Agreed.

I don't know which one it was. Either the first or third obviously, which ever it was I thought it was complete crap.

This one. This one I like. Thanks again Wooden!
A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Offline I_Drink_Your_Blood

• Baron Blood
  • Depraved
  • Drinking your blood since '83
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 12:36:17 AM »
I'm not overly keen on these either. They are more 'experiences' than films though, I find. Once was enough for me, and my curiosity was duly satisfied.

I preferred The Redsin Tower, as at least that had more of a semblance in regards to a 'plot'.

Offline General Ox

• Administrator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2013, 01:35:09 AM »
See, I normally like a story to my horror.

But the way this is done it doesn't need one IMO. I mean, there are people out there who do this shit, and for zero reason at all, other than they like to.

So, it's just like a Serial Killers home video really, which really, really appealed to me. There is no point, there is no reason. It's just their version of fun...

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 03:25:57 AM »
I feel the whole series is the story if that makes sense. Firstly they just getting into things and having a good time. Then in the second still the same but little cracks are appearing, then the third with even more. I feel if and when they do a forth will be the one where everything falls apart and we find out how the tapes are discovered. This IS an over simplified view of what I see though as I feel they are more multi layered than at first view-age.

It is more but I am on my lunch break and just want to get through everything before I go back to work.

From my understanding Fred Vogel did these because he felt murder was watered down to something almost cartoonish, that it was easy and people just die. His vision was to display the violence and destruction of a serial killers violent actions.

In the end some will love these films and gain a certain connection with them while others will just go these are pointless. Personally I enjoyed all three with what they share with the viewer, feel they are well made and thought out.

Lastly they are a real essence of found footage and not the shaky camera work of movies with a huge amount more budget.

Offline Mario

• Twisted
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2013, 01:48:29 PM »
Haters gotta hate, I guess? :rolleyes: If liking these makes us weirdos, by all means slap me with the "weirdo" tag and I'll wear it proudly!  :)

Whether or not this is your cup of tea, I still say it's cinema and it's art. I think all three AU films can be considered "art films" on a certain level. They always end with something being left up to the audience's interpretation. I consider all movies that make you think to be art.

Films like these are supposed to look ugly and grim. That's actually what makes them work. I just find it weird when people criticize something for being what it's supposed to be. Like "too much shaky camera movement." That's how it would look in real life. Sickos who film their exploits with a home video camera wouldn't care about quality or how it looked and they wouldn't try to make it look "cinematic." I think too often people try to approach the AU films from a traditional cinematic point of view, and if you do that, you won't get it.

I think that best sums up my point of view. I just do what I can to best explain something. If I can't change somebody's mind, then I accept it and move on.

Offline CountOrlok

• EHC Moderator
  • Demented
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2013, 06:56:57 PM »
I watch movies to be entertained, and this is just extremely boring.