Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Topics

Post The Last Movie You Watched
by CountOrlok
[Today at 02:09:11 AM]
Halloween 2020
by woodenheart
[Yesterday at 11:12:30 PM]
Lux Ęterna {2019}
by Splat
[September 27, 2020, 11:38:03 PM]
Newest Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS You Have Bought?
by CountOrlok
[September 22, 2020, 10:50:21 PM]
Sadistic Cinema
by woodenheart
[September 22, 2020, 05:46:27 PM]
Unearthed Films
by woodenheart
[September 22, 2020, 04:13:34 AM]
Final Caller {2020}
by woodenheart
[September 19, 2020, 11:33:03 AM]
What Movie Is This?
by Link82
[September 16, 2020, 04:01:54 AM]
Last documentary that you watched
by Splat
[September 13, 2020, 07:31:10 AM]
Anonymous Animals
by woodenheart
[September 12, 2020, 08:54:58 AM]
Neighbor No. 9 {2020}
by Splat
[September 10, 2020, 09:28:35 AM]
Coming Soon to the Underground ~ SYMBOLICUS!
by Splat
[September 09, 2020, 11:24:52 PM]
Deathcember
by woodenheart
[September 07, 2020, 08:44:36 AM]
A Dark Path (2020)
by CountOrlok
[September 02, 2020, 10:25:20 PM]
Larva Mental
by Splat
[September 02, 2020, 08:41:52 AM]

Poll

which is your fave 2000's zombie film

Dawn of the Dead - 2004
2 (33.3%)
28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later
1 (16.7%)
Zombieland
0 (0%)
Undead
0 (0%)
Resident Evil series
0 (0%)
Land of the Dead
3 (50%)
Shaun of the Dead
0 (0%)
Rec
0 (0%)
Rec 2
0 (0%)
Quarantine
0 (0%)
Diary of the Dead
0 (0%)
Survial of the Dead
0 (0%)
The Crazies - remake
0 (0%)
Dance of the Dead
0 (0%)
others: please list
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Your fave 2000's zombie film  (Read 2731 times)

Offline RIP

• Depraved
  • King of cheesy horror movies
Your fave 2000's zombie film
« on: July 12, 2014, 02:28:23 PM »
Mine would be the awesome 2004 reboot of Dawn of the Dead.
"a chill runs up your spine til you scream" = The Misfits

Offline I_Drink_Your_Blood

• Baron Blood
  • Depraved
  • Drinking your blood since '83
Re: Your fave 2000's zombie film
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 04:39:18 PM »
I don't know whether some of these would count as 'zombie films' as such, but I'd probably also pick the Dawn remake.

Offline Cryptus

• Misfortune Maker
  • Twisted
  • Thirst for sleep. Quenched with blood.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 06:19:23 PM »
Fuck it. I'll be the one guy that picks Land of the Dead. I would have done Shaun of the Dead, but I think that's a bit weird as it's mostly a comedy, even though I watch that film repeatedly and love it to death. I just love Land because of the awesome practical effects (despite some really shitty CGI thrown into the mix), the characters, and the overall old school feel of it. I really like the Dawn remake as well, but I take old school zombies over the crazy running ones anyday.

Extended wings I'm flying
Over the valleys and plains
The curve of space I'm leaving
Death is just an illusion

Offline Splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • hello sick deviant fucks
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 09:10:10 PM »
I went with Land of the Dead myself, I rather enjoyed it.

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • 病気の
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 03:52:08 AM »
I'd pick Land of course.

Honorable mention; Dance of the Dead.

Offline Splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • hello sick deviant fucks
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 07:47:57 AM »
Yes, I dug Dance of the Dead too  :yes:

Offline Dave

• Depraved
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 08:21:14 AM »
I haven't seen 'Dance of the Dead'. I will have to check it out at some point. I haven't seen 'Undead' either.

I really enjoyed 'Land of the Dead' as well and went to see it twice on the big screen. Although, it's not in the same league as Romero's original zombie trilogy. Those films just felt like Romero whereas LOTD is more action orientated and feels like him trying to do 'Escape from New York' and 'Beyond Thunderdome'. And don't even get me started on some of the CGI. I hope you don't mind, RIP, but I thought I would add the other two Romero zombie movies of the 2000's... even though nobody is going to vote for those. I'm still on the fence about 'Diary' but 'Survival' was an embarrassment and hard to get through. 

I'm not getting why 'Rec' was also listed as its remake so I did some tinkering and listed the first two Spanish films and the American version of the original as well. I'll make some more changes if you want me to, RIP. ;)

This is a tough one. Both 'Rec' and 'Rec 2' are fantastic but it's hard to choose one over the other. So, I voted for the brilliant 'Dawn of the Dead' remake.

I really like The Crazies remake. I consider the 28 series to be overrated. I enjoyed 'Zombieland' and I love 'Shaun of the Dead' but I didn't consider voting for it because it's a horror comedy.

Resident Evil is one of the worst horror movie franchises. I really like the early games though and I've been playing them again recently on the Dreamcast.

EDIT: Added 'Dance of the Dead' to the poll. ;)

Offline RIP

• Depraved
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 09:41:03 AM »
I haven't seen 'Dance of the Dead'. I will have to check it out at some point. I haven't seen 'Undead' either.

I really enjoyed 'Land of the Dead' as well and went to see it twice on the big screen. Although, it's not in the same league as Romero's original zombie trilogy. Those films just felt like Romero whereas LOTD is more action orientated and feels like him trying to do 'Escape from New York' and 'Beyond Thunderdome'. And don't even get me started on some of the CGI. I hope you don't mind, RIP, but I thought I would add the other two Romero zombie movies of the 2000's... even though nobody is going to vote for those. I'm still on the fence about 'Diary' but 'Survival' was an embarrassment and hard to get through. 

I'm not getting why 'Rec' was also listed as its remake so I did some tinkering and listed the first two Spanish films and the American version of the original as well. I'll make some more changes if you want me to, RIP. ;)

This is a tough one. Both 'Rec' and 'Rec 2' are fantastic but it's hard to choose one over the other. So, I voted for the brilliant 'Dawn of the Dead' remake.

I really like The Crazies remake. I consider the 28 series to be overrated. I enjoyed 'Zombieland' and I love 'Shaun of the Dead' but I didn't consider voting for it because it's a horror comedy.

Resident Evil is one of the worst horror movie franchises. I really like the early games though and I've been playing them recently on the Dreamcast.

EDIT: Added 'Dance of the Dead' to the poll. ;)

Lol, I don't care buddy. Change whatever you wish too on the list. 8)

Offline RIP

• Depraved
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 09:44:38 AM »
Some of the listed ones on the poll I have a tough time with too in if they are technically "zombie" films like 28 Days Later series and The Crazies. Yes they are infected people and could be fixed back to normal I guess but in those films it does show the "infected" biting people like zombies do so I'm confused in those films.

Look at the 1980 film Nightmare City with the zombies running with knives but if you notice in the hospital scene late in the film they are biting and eating nurses.