Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Topics

Post The Last Movie You Watched
by Visitor Q
[Today at 08:34:32 PM]
Halloween 2020
by Mayvmi
[Yesterday at 08:48:35 PM]
Newest Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS You Have Bought?
by CountOrlok
[September 22, 2020, 10:50:21 PM]
Sadistic Cinema
by woodenheart
[September 22, 2020, 05:46:27 PM]
Unearthed Films
by woodenheart
[September 22, 2020, 04:13:34 AM]
Final Caller {2020}
by woodenheart
[September 19, 2020, 11:33:03 AM]
What Movie Is This?
by Link82
[September 16, 2020, 04:01:54 AM]
Last documentary that you watched
by Splat
[September 13, 2020, 07:31:10 AM]
Anonymous Animals
by woodenheart
[September 12, 2020, 08:54:58 AM]
Neighbor No. 9 {2020}
by Splat
[September 10, 2020, 09:28:35 AM]
Coming Soon to the Underground ~ SYMBOLICUS!
by Splat
[September 09, 2020, 11:24:52 PM]
Deathcember
by woodenheart
[September 07, 2020, 08:44:36 AM]
A Dark Path (2020)
by CountOrlok
[September 02, 2020, 10:25:20 PM]
Larva Mental
by Splat
[September 02, 2020, 08:41:52 AM]
Freak {2020}
by woodenheart
[September 01, 2020, 07:54:42 PM]

Author Topic: Friday the 13th franchise  (Read 7086 times)

Offline RIP

• Depraved
  • King of cheesy horror movies
Friday the 13th franchise
« on: June 13, 2014, 05:17:39 PM »
Since today is Friday June the 13th I am starting a thread on the F13 series.

My fave film of the franchise is the 1980 original film with Mrs. Voorhees as the killer.

My fave film with Jason as the killer is the 1981 sequel F13th PART 2 with him wearing the potato sack hoodie.

The worst of the series is Jason takes Manhattan imho

"a chill runs up your spine til you scream" = The Misfits

Offline Dave

• Depraved
Re: Friday the 13th franchise
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 05:54:00 PM »
I really like the first four but the majority of the rest of the franchise is just passably entertaining as guilty pleasures. I can't sit through JTM, JGTH and X though.

Here's how I rank it:

TFC
1 & 3
Reboot
ANB
JL
TNB
FVJ
JTM
JGTH
X

Offline RIP

• Depraved
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 06:10:40 PM »
Ms. Voorhees killed 9 people in the 1st film.

Jason Voorhees killed ????

Does anyone know the accurate amount in the films?

Offline Seikotik

• lawless
  • EHC Moderator
  • Demented
  • destroy/create
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 11:15:24 PM »
The first one has its place i history but I feel like 2 and 3 are the best and there is a,special place in my heart for Jason takes manhattan. Jason goes to hell was a child hood favorite but revisiting it I was like what the fuckkkkkkk

Offline Splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • hello sick deviant fucks
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 11:22:21 PM »
I dig zombie Jason and Jason in Space Jasonů.please don't hate me F13 Diehards  :eat:

Offline Seikotik

• lawless
  • EHC Moderator
  • Demented
  • destroy/create
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 11:26:52 PM »
Who is hating?

Offline suspiria_89

• Twisted
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 12:20:26 AM »
My favorites in order:

Part 4
Part 3
Part 1
Part 6
Part 2
Remake (say what you want about it but the kills are badass)
Part 8
Part 5
Jason x
Part 7 ( to bad it wasn't better than it was, it was filmed literally just 2 miles from where I use to live)
Jason Goes to hell

Offline RIP

• Depraved
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 03:40:47 PM »
My faves in order:

1980 original
1981 sequel
part 3 in 3D
F13 part 4
F13 part 6
F13 part 5
Jason X
Freddy vs Jason
F13 PART 7
Remake
Jason takes a shit in Manhattan

Offline dmhead777

• Twisted
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 04:53:54 PM »
My faves in order:

1980 original
1981 sequel
part 3 in 3D
F13 part 4
F13 part 6
F13 part 5
Jason X
Freddy vs Jason
F13 PART 7
Remake
Jason takes a shit in Manhattan

Hmm..mine would be..

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
Friday the 13th 2
Friday the 13th 3
Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th 6: Jason Lives
Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
Jason X
Freddy Vs. Jason
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
Jason (and the franchise) Goes to Hell: The Final Friday

Offline General Ox

• My world is darker now, than the blackest crow.
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 01:05:12 AM »
Friday The 13th: Final Chapter
Friday The 13th Part 2
Freddy Vs Jason
Friday The 13th: Jason Lives
Reboot
Friday The 13th: The New Blood
Friday The 13th Part 3
Friday The 13th: Jason Takes Man.
Friday The 13th (Original)
Friday The 13th: A New Beginning

Haven't seen the other two or whatever, and in zero rush too.
A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Offline Dave

• Depraved
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 05:30:32 AM »
Friday The 13th: Final Chapter
Friday The 13th Part 2
Freddy Vs Jason
Friday The 13th: Jason Lives
Reboot
Friday The 13th: The New Blood
Friday The 13th Part 3
Friday The 13th: Jason Takes Man.
Friday The 13th (Original)
Friday The 13th: A New Beginning

Seriously, you rank FVJ so highly? It's more an ANOES film than a true F13 entry with Jason like a guest star who gets to do all the killing as a consultation and it ruins the character even further with the dumb sacred of water thing. You're such a deluded Freddy fanboy.

And there's no way the original should be ranked so low especially beneath utter shite like JTM.

Also, while it isn't a particularly good Friday movie overall ANB really isn't THAT bad.

Offline General Ox

• My world is darker now, than the blackest crow.
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 05:55:30 AM »
Seriously, you rank FVJ so highly? It's more an ANOES film than a true F13 entry with Jason like a guest star who gets to do all the killing as a consultation and it ruins the character even further with the dumb sacred of water thing. You're such a deluded Freddy fanboy.

And there's no way the original should be ranked so low especially beneath utter shite like JTM.

Also, while it isn't a particularly good Friday movie overall ANB really isn't THAT bad.

The fact it's more A Nightmare on Elm Street 9 is why. ;)

But no, seriously, it's stupid, yeah, but it's so much fun. Jason is awesome in it. And of course Jason is scared of water. I hate this argument by Jason dick suckers.

Jason almost drowned as a child, of course he is scared of water... Just because he is scared of it doesn't mean he won't go near it... Like he does in several films.

Now, what does Freddy do? He feeds off your fear... He amplifies it, and well, in a Nightmare he is pretty much God. He can do whatever, whenever, however. He simply brought Jason's fear to the surface, it's perfectly reasonable.

Krueger isn't the biggest fan of fire, and yet, he uses it to teleport in part 2.. Just because a character is scared of something doesn't mean they avoid it.

I've NEVER been a fan of the original Friday, it was one of the first horror films I saw, I didn't know about Jason or Freddy back then, and I hated it. Boring as fuck.

And A New Beginning is TERRIBLE, it has the most annoying characters out of any film ever. Makes me want to drive over myself. It makes me want to literally run myself over. And I don't even know if that's possible.
A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Offline Dave

• Depraved
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 06:40:07 AM »
The fact it's more A Nightmare on Elm Street 9 is why. ;)
Then rank it so highly in the ANOES franchise because that's essentially what it is an ANOES film. It doesn't deserve to be ranked so highly in the Friday series as it does Jason a grave injustice. The movie should have focused on both characters evenly and not made the character a wimp that's scared of water.

And of course Jason is scared of water. I hate this argument by Jason dick suckers.

Jason almost drowned as a child, of course he is scared of water... Just because he is scared of it doesn't mean he won't go near it... Like he does in several films.
It's a valid argument. Jason wasn't seen anywhere near water until he was chained under Crystal Lake in JL and he didn't freak out about it. He even murdered a woman in the lake in TNB and swum to fucking Manhattan in JTM. I'm not really into those zombie Jason Friday films anyway but to suddenly make him scared to go anywhere near water in FVJ is just stupid and messes with the already fucked continuity and the character's mythology even further. The only way to continue this franchise was to reboot it with an attempt to return it to its roots of the first four before it got way too fucking camp, over the top and just fucking stupid. And they couldn't even get that entirely right but it was great to see the real Jason again - best since Ted White in TFC. 

Now, what does Freddy do? He feeds off your fear... He amplifies it, and well, in a Nightmare he is pretty much God. He can do whatever, whenever, however. He simply brought Jason's fear to the surface, it's perfectly reasonable.

Krueger isn't the biggest fan of fire, and yet, he uses it to teleport in part 2.. Just because a character is scared of something doesn't mean they avoid it.
Not even the writers were happy with the direction FVJ took it was down to rewrites behind their backs.

I've NEVER been a fan of the original Friday, it was one of the first horror films I saw, I didn't know about Jason or Freddy back then, and I hated it. Boring as fuck.
It's been a long time maybe you should give it another chance. Read my feature review if you can be fucked and go into it with that in mind and you'll get what I'm talking about. I don't make it out to be the greatest slasher ever made because it isn't but it achieves in what it sets out to do doing what it says on the tin. TFC and Part 2 are the best of the series receptively but it's a solid slasher overall...

http://www.cinematicshocks.com/2013/09/friday-13th-1980-terror-before-mask.html 

And A New Beginning is TERRIBLE, it has the most annoying characters out of any film ever. Makes me want to drive over myself. It makes me want to literally run myself over. And I don't even know if that's possible.
It has its problems I agree but it has this mean spirited sleazy grindhouse thing going for it that I like. I actually prefer it to anything after it in the original continuity because it was the last one to be serious in tone despite some of its unintentional cheese like yeah the characters.   

Offline CountOrlok

• EHC Moderator
  • Demented
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2020, 07:29:51 PM »
Friday the 13th (1980)

I love this one, it's a classic.  Best atmosphere.  Shot at a real camp.  The score is awesome.

Friday the 13th Part II (1981)

Great sequel.  Jason wearing a sack mask.  Has a kill borrowed from Bay of Blood.

Friday the 13th Part III (1982)

Probably my favourite sequel. 

Friday the 13th Part IV:  The Final Chapter (1984)

Jason is supposed to die in this one.  Has some awesome kills.

Friday the 13th Part V:  A New Beginning (1985)

Funny as hell.  Some cool kills and boobs.  I consider this the last of the 'classic' Friday the 13ths. 

Friday the 13th Part VI:  Jason Lives (1986)

This is when the series got silly.  It was silly before but this took it to a whole new level of silliness.  Jason becoming a zombie.  There is no more realism at this point because Jason is unkillable.  This is when the series kind of went into self-parody.  Still an entertaining movie, though.

Friday the 13th Part VII:  The New Blood (1988)

This is super silly!  Jason vs a chick with psychic powers.  Jason looks cool, though.  And Kane Hodder is good as Jason.

Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)

I like this but it would be good if it was set more in the city instead of on a boat.

Jason Goes to Hell (1993)

Aside from some decent kills, I don't like this much.

Jason X (2001)

This is awesome and so much fun.  One of my favourites.

Freddy Vs Jason (2003)

I loved this when it came out, in fact it got me into both series.

Friday the 13th (2009)

Not really a big fan of this remake.  It doesn't really recapture the tone of the earlier movies.

Offline CountOrlok

• EHC Moderator
  • Demented
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2020, 03:57:04 AM »
Recently rewatched Part 5 after getting the bluray. 

I freaking love Part 5!  So underrated.