Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Topics

Post The Last Movie You Watched
by Splat
[Today at 09:03:59 AM]
Beyond Horror: The History and Sub-Culture of Red Films
by Mayvmi
[Yesterday at 08:22:39 PM]
Freak {2020}
by Splat
[Yesterday at 07:04:47 AM]
What is the most extreme horror film you have ever watched?
by Splat
[April 09, 2021, 05:50:02 PM]
Godzilla vs. Kong
by Mr. Awesome
[April 09, 2021, 11:53:30 AM]
Child's Play (Chucky)
by CountOrlok
[April 09, 2021, 08:04:25 AM]
Cerebral Films
by Splat
[April 05, 2021, 09:40:44 AM]
Stephen King
by woodenheart
[April 04, 2021, 08:08:44 AM]
The AU Trilogy Thread
by CatLover808
[April 04, 2021, 05:53:05 AM]
Newest Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS You Have Bought?
by woodenheart
[April 02, 2021, 06:39:24 PM]
SAVAGERY PODCAST
by Savagery Keith
[April 02, 2021, 06:02:37 PM]
Leprechaun
by CountOrlok
[April 01, 2021, 09:04:57 AM]
The Wicker Man (1973)
by CountOrlok
[March 30, 2021, 10:56:37 PM]
Most Recent TV Show You Watched
by CountOrlok
[March 29, 2021, 07:31:33 AM]
James Gunn's The Suicide Squad
by CountOrlok
[March 29, 2021, 07:29:08 AM]

Author Topic: The Wicker Man (1973)  (Read 6170 times)

Offline I_Drink_Your_Blood

• Baron Blood
  • Depraved
  • Drinking your blood since '83
The Wicker Man (1973)
« on: February 10, 2013, 01:27:23 PM »
The Wicker Man is a 1973 British horror film directed by Robin Hardy and written by Anthony Shaffer. The film stars Edward Woodward, Christopher Lee, Diane Cilento, Ingrid Pitt, and Britt Ekland. Paul Giovanni composed the soundtrack. The film is now considered a cult classic. Inspired by the basic scenario of David Pinner's 1967 novel Ritual, the story centres on the visit of Police Sergeant Howie to the isolated island of Summerisle, in search of a missing girl the locals claim never existed. Howie, a devout Christian, is appalled to find that the inhabitants of the island practise a form of Celtic paganism.

Hardy's The Wicker Man is quite possibly my favourite British horror film of all time.

Offline Dark Angel

• Twisted
Re: The Wicker Man (1973)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 10:46:04 AM »
this movie was good, i loved Christopher lee's character, the ending was better then in the remake
You know you never really know how alone you are till you look in the mirror and see the scars

Offline RIP

• Depraved
  • King of cheesy horror movies
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 06:37:42 AM »
Does anyone think that this film is like overrated?

I like Chris Lee a lot bit just never cared for this film at all. I do have it in my dvd collection just to own BUT it's just not a good movie at all imho. I'm sure most of you will disagree with me but it was just boring, stupid, lame, put me to sleep many times, etc.....

I have the wooden boxset of it which is hard to find now(I think). I bought it when it 1st came out back like 10 yrs ago without ever seeing the film. It has good special features on the dvds but I wouldn't part with it cause it MIGHT be valuable someday to someone so $$$$$ talks lol.
"a chill runs up your spine til you scream" = The Misfits

Offline biosphere

• Twisted
  • My Brain Sucks - You Should Know That!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 04:42:09 PM »

I like Chris Lee a lot bit just never cared for this film at all. I do have it in my dvd collection just to own BUT it's just not a good movie at all imho. I'm sure most of you will disagree with me but it was just boring, stupid, lame, put me to sleep many times, etc.....

I have the wooden boxset of it which is hard to find now(I think). I bought it when it 1st came out back like 10 yrs ago without ever seeing the film. It has good special features on the dvds but I wouldn't part with it cause it MIGHT be valuable someday to someone so $$$$$ talks lol.

I think that as far as cinematic importance goes its a great film to see - although I do agree with you slightly that the film does seem to get more hype than perhaps it maybe deserves.  However - can't take away the awsomeness of Christopher Lee and the film's originality. 

I WOULD SAY YOU NEED TO KEEP THE WOODEN BOXSET FOR SURE (slightly jealous  :thinking:)

The remake was just the biggest pile of wank ever constructed (IMO).

I see the spin off "The Wicker Tree" a few years ago at FrightFest - not great but def worth a watch if you haven't seen it already. 

"And if the fact of your own death was hard to understand,
at least it wasn't impossible to accept"

Offline RIP

• Depraved
  • King of cheesy horror movies
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 08:25:38 AM »
I think that as far as cinematic importance goes its a great film to see - although I do agree with you slightly that the film does seem to get more hype than perhaps it maybe deserves.  However - can't take away the awsomeness of Christopher Lee and the film's originality. 

I WOULD SAY YOU NEED TO KEEP THE WOODEN BOXSET FOR SURE (slightly jealous  :thinking:)

The remake was just the biggest pile of wank ever constructed (IMO).

I see the spin off "The Wicker Tree" a few years ago at FrightFest - not great but def worth a watch if you haven't seen it already.

I actually kind of liked the remake with Cage in it lol. I wasn't bored by it like I was with the original.
"a chill runs up your spine til you scream" = The Misfits

Offline suspiria_89

• Twisted
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 05:24:45 PM »

I agree to an extent. It's a little overrated and at times slow, but it certainly has its moments. The bee scene in the remake is legendary LOL

Offline CountOrlok

• EHC Moderator
  • Demented
  • Spooky
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 10:56:37 PM »
Overrated?  Bullshit!