Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Topics

Post The Last Movie You Watched
by CountOrlok
[Today at 06:07:34 PM]
Followers of the Dead Light {2020} A Yan Kaos Extreme Gore Film
by bacon kractor
[Today at 11:45:29 AM]
Favourite zombie films?
by splat
[Today at 10:47:26 AM]
Primal - 2010
by CountOrlok
[Today at 12:30:28 AM]
Favourite Australian films?
by CountOrlok
[February 25, 2020, 04:36:30 AM]
Most Recent TV Show You Watched
by Hemwick
[February 24, 2020, 04:40:01 PM]
Obsidian
by woodenheart
[February 23, 2020, 06:00:03 PM]
BLACK LAVA ENTERTAINMENT - FUCK THE MAINSTREAM!
by woodenheart
[February 22, 2020, 08:15:03 PM]
THE BATMAN {2021}
by Hemwick
[February 21, 2020, 04:02:08 PM]
Resident Evil
by CountOrlok
[February 21, 2020, 04:42:15 AM]
Swallow {2020}
by Mayvmi
[February 15, 2020, 03:07:55 PM]
The Angela Chapters ~ Lucifer Valentine
by woodenheart
[February 15, 2020, 01:49:41 PM]
Night of the Living Dead {1968}
by CountOrlok
[February 15, 2020, 05:54:27 AM]
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise
by CountOrlok
[February 11, 2020, 04:13:20 PM]
VARIANT - SOV Sci-fi/Horror/Gore - 2020
by Mayvmi
[February 10, 2020, 08:03:45 PM]

Poll

Which Demons film is your fave?

Demons - 1985
4 (66.7%)
Demons 2 - 1986
1 (16.7%)
Demons 3: the Ogre
0 (0%)
The Church - directed by Michele Soavi
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Demons Franchise (1985-1989)  (Read 2291 times)

Offline RIP

• Depraved
  • King of cheesy horror movies
Demons Franchise (1985-1989)
« on: March 07, 2013, 08:48:10 AM »
Demons
Franchise

Demons (1985)   |   Demons 2 (1986)  |   Demons 3: The Ogre (1989)

Director:  Lamberto Bava
Writer: Dario Argento, Lamberto Bava, Franco Ferrini, Dardano Sacchetti

Demons (Italian: Dèmoni) is a 1985 Italian horror film directed by Lamberto Bava and produced by Dario Argento, starring Urbano Barberini and Natasha Hovey. A group of random people are invited to a screening of a mysterious movie, only to find themselves trapped in the theater with ravenous demons.

Demons 2 (Italian: Dèmoni 2) is a 1986 Italian horror film directed by Lamberto Bava and co-written and produced by Dario Argento.The film was also known as Demons 2: The Nightmare Returns. The demons from the first film invade the real world through a television broadcast, turning the residents of an apartment building into bloodthirsty monsters.

The Ogre is a 1989 Italian television horror film directed by Lamberto Bava and written by Dardano Sacchetti. It was among four films made for the Italian television series Brivido Giallo. The film was released outside Italy as Demons III: The Ogre as it was promoted as a sequel to Demons and Demons 2. A sexually confused young woman is haunted by childhood memories when she moves into an old mansion in Italy with her husband and young son.

My fave of these films is Demons 2 with them in the high rise apartment building. The 1st 3 were directed by Lamberto Bava but Demons 3: the Orge was mainly a made for tv movie(I believe).

The Church by Michele Soavi is sorta considered a part of the Demons films but I personally really don't consider it to be.

But back to Demons 2, I like the scene where you see them looking down stairs and their eyes are glowing but you can easily tell that the actors are wearing goggles.
"a chill runs up your spine til you scream" = The Misfits

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • hello sick deviant fucks
Re: Demons series
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 08:50:31 AM »
Hadn't realised about THE CHURCH....I voted for it!

Offline I_Drink_Your_Blood

• Baron Blood
  • Depraved
  • Drinking your blood since '83
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 01:55:30 PM »
The original Demons for me. The Ogre, along with a load of other Italio pretenders (e.g. Black Demons) tried to get in on the 'Demons' sequel act.

Offline Moggy

• Twisted
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 03:02:31 PM »
The Demons films are clearly an attempt to appeal to a broader (read North American) audience while still maintaining the stamp of a spaghetti horror. The theme of reflexivity is never developed and it falls flat. All plot and no pesto makes Moggy a dull viewer. The pulsating soundtrack drives the film on at a blistering rate but the lack of character development, especially those cokehead wankers in the car only serves to bog the film down in a sea of galling and appeasing American arselickery. Fuck the yanks - and fuck catering for an audience of burger scoffing dimlow fat cunts. It has its moments, when the shit hits the fan the yellow eyed demons look shit hot and the helicopter crashing through the auditorium is a showstopping moment but it's mostly a meh type of affair.

Now, Demons 2 on the other hand is a fucking blast from start to finish, transposing the carnage from a cinema to a high rise borgeois apartment complex works wonders and when the power cut renders the lifts, doors and security systems into lockdown all hell breaks loose. The FX are fucking bob on, when little miss bitch birthday girl begins to turn the party really begins. Tons of cues taken from Cronenberg's 'Shivers' as well as just about every other single fucking film Lamberto had ever watched but it's a fucking rollicking good splatter film.

Demons 1 - 7/10
Demons 2 - 8/10
Demons 3: Fuck knows out of ten.

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • hello sick deviant fucks
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 03:11:06 PM »
Soon the first 2 a tonne of times and probably overdue for re-watching. I just enjoyed the whole look of THE CHURCH hence why I picked it...plus the train scene was cool :-))

Offline Sek'Tal Alcyone

• Demented
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 03:13:44 PM »
I've actually only ever seen the first two. I was a little disappointed by the second movie mostly because of the promise at the ending of the first movie, but I still enjoyed it.
I must get round to seeing number three and 'The Church', they are now on my to-watch-list.

Offline xxsic4slipknotxx

• Twisted
  • In Heaven, everything is fine.
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 04:14:57 PM »
The first...ftw

Offline Zombie Mosher

• Twisted
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 01:03:22 PM »
Voted Demons, i also have only seen the first two but would like to see the others even though i read that The Ogre isn't really connected to the first two. I love the scene in Demons when the Demons come upstairs with their eyes glowing like on the cover.