Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Topics

Post The Last Movie You Watched
by woodenheart
[Today at 11:05:15 AM]
Unearthed Films Releases What The Waters Left Behind~ An Onetti Brothers Film~
by woodenheart
[Today at 08:12:48 AM]
Track Your Movies 2020
by Mayvmi
[Yesterday at 01:19:01 PM]
Newest Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS You Have Bought?
by CountOrlok
[January 24, 2020, 10:07:15 PM]
Most Recent TV Show You Watched
by Mayvmi
[January 23, 2020, 09:18:39 PM]
Day of the Dead
by CountOrlok
[January 23, 2020, 04:18:04 PM]
Slender Man (2018)
by CountOrlok
[January 21, 2020, 07:18:20 PM]
The Good Things Devils Do
by woodenheart
[January 18, 2020, 09:19:52 AM]
Shriekshow {2020}
by woodenheart
[January 18, 2020, 09:08:56 AM]
Cupid {2020}
by woodenheart
[January 18, 2020, 09:03:30 AM]
Hunters {2020 -}
by woodenheart
[January 18, 2020, 08:46:55 AM]
Gretel & Hansel ~ An Oz Perkins Film {2020}
by CountOrlok
[January 17, 2020, 05:38:10 PM]
Cat People
by CountOrlok
[January 15, 2020, 11:25:40 PM]
Glenn Danzig‘s Verotika {2020}
by woodenheart
[January 15, 2020, 06:24:41 PM]
Morbius
by woodenheart
[January 14, 2020, 04:42:03 AM]

Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 16346 times)

Offline JackT

• Demented
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2013, 12:49:37 PM »
Have any of you guys read the comics? I'm just wondering if this show stays true or not. I fell asleep again and had to rewind for the very last scene. Good to see that little tidbit but wondering where it's going.

Offline Necromancer

• Twisted
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2013, 08:07:41 PM »
My understanding the series strays from the novels quite often, and has gotten some people upset over it.  Haven't read any of them ....yet
With malice toward none, with charity for all

Offline JackT

• Demented
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2013, 12:39:51 AM »
Thanks Nec. I wonder why they do that. Probably the melting pot of egos at AMC. I cant believe they're now on their third showrunner for this. Pretty stupid really.

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • hello sick deviant fucks
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2013, 04:32:43 PM »
I don't get it either…I think it is ego and the whole "hey I got this brilliant idea!" thing. In stating this I really liking this season so far, way more zombie horror in it.

Offline JackT

• Demented
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2013, 05:09:37 PM »
I spoke to someone about that the other day. He said networks in the USA are a world unto themselves. If a new CEO comes on board he/she will axe a show if it was popular under the previous CEO, or wont get enough ass kissing by a successful showrunner so will just sack them. Producers and networks take over shows as well so showrunner's ideas get swallowed up and shitstorms erupt. I would rather shovel shit than have to work in the environment. Sounds revolting.

Offline General Ox

• My world is darker now, than the blackest crow.
  • Administrator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2013, 05:19:25 PM »
Thanks Nec. I wonder why they do that. Probably the melting pot of egos at AMC. I cant believe they're now on their third showrunner for this. Pretty stupid really.

Wonder why they do what? Stray from the comics? Are you seriously asking that?

Almost every film adaptation is worlds away from the book. Not all, but most. Hell, I even saw the author of World War Z apologising to the fans of the book. I didn't read it but I guess he felt the film butchered his book. It's my main gripe with the Marvel films, though the newer ones are pretty good (apart from Iron-Man 3 that's all over terrible).

I think the shows overrated crap anyway. It's not terrible but it's not something I'll waste my time on. I watched season one and was like 'Oh. Is that it?'. Most people seem to say Season 1 is the best too. So, yeah I'm not going to bother with any more.

TV shows just don't do it for me though. I just feel they put too much effort in to being shocking to keep people watching. Comes off boring and, gets old.
A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Offline JackT

• Demented
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2013, 05:28:31 PM »
Yes I did seriously ask that. Why else would I have asked the question of whether or not it was true to the comics. Didnt think I had to spell it out to someone who doesnt even like tv shows but the answer helps me understand why die hard fans are ripping the show to pieces.  Doesnt worry me, though, I was simply asking the question out of curiosity. I havent read a comic since I was about 5 years old and dont intend to start up again anytime soon.

Offline General Ox

• My world is darker now, than the blackest crow.
  • Administrator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2013, 05:36:20 PM »
I think a lot of whats in the comics is a bit.. too far fetched to have it in the show. Stuff that would make a more mainstream audience roll their eyes at.

I'm not sure on that, but some of the things I've heard are pretty much saying that.

I just thought it was common knowledge movies/tv shows differ a lot from their source material. I don't think I've ever spoke to someone who read the book first, then saw the movie/show and then liked it better. If you've read the book first just seems like the movies never really do much for you. Only exception I can maybe think of is LotR.
A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Offline JackT

• Demented
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2013, 06:01:31 PM »
Gee Ox, ofcourse it's common knowledge shows stray from the original. In this case it seems to be that it is totally removed, but you wouldnt know that because you dont watch the show and havent read the comics so not sure why you came into the thread where I asked a question of the posters who do watch it and no doubt have an idea of what the hoopla from comic readers is about.

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2013, 06:22:45 PM »
I'm a zombie fan through and through so why I watch this. A lot of what has happened in this in previous seasons has shitted me and I am over the moon Shane and what's his names wife is dead now  :bad_smile: For me this season is the best so far, feels more zombie apocalypse and everything going to shit!

Offline JackT

• Demented
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2013, 06:26:54 PM »
I like the going to shit aspect, Splatty. That's about all for me. I've gone cold on it. Never was a raging fan but thought it was a bit of fun. The female characters always shitted me to tears so really glad most of them got knocked off, but then the ghost Lori stuff had me falling asleep. Dont know what it is but it just aint geling for me. I'll keep watching it only because there's nothing else on on monday nights, and I do like the zombie makeup, plus I want to see the little girl turn into a complete psycho.

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2013, 06:33:29 PM »
I'm sure that little girl is going to have her moment go g(l)pry!

Lori ghost/delusion/ever viewers nightmare thankfully didn't last. Story wise they hold promise up to a point but get fucked up by stupid shit. In the end though as long as they have some nice zombie moments and most of the leads keep kicking ass it's cool with me.

Shane  :horror:

Offline JackT

• Demented
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2013, 06:36:43 PM »
The zombie grabbing Rick's leg was pretty cool. Hopeless bloody axe work by whatsername, though, and same with the head stabbing with a little knife. I mean C'Mon now. I dont expect this show to be realistic but a butter knife isnt going to go through a skull like it's a slab of butter LOL

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2013, 06:55:57 PM »
But alas…it is a rotten corpses skull  :thinking:

Offline JackT

• Demented
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2013, 06:57:34 PM »
Well I would expect their organs to be rotten, not bone. And how was Rick's form with that automatic rifle? LOLOL.

OK I'm just nit picking but sometimes it's fun to take the piss.