Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Topics

Available NOW from the AcidBrain Productions...
by woodenheart
[Yesterday at 09:11:23 PM]
Beyond Horror: The History and Sub-Culture of Red Films
by splat
[Yesterday at 08:40:13 PM]
magGot Films' ~ Opening The Mind (2019) ~
by Hemwick
[Yesterday at 06:48:25 PM]
Burying the Ex (2014)
by CountOrlok
[Yesterday at 04:29:43 PM]
Last documentary that you watched
by splat
[Yesterday at 09:11:42 AM]
Post The Last Movie You Watched
by woodenheart
[November 10, 2019, 06:19:48 PM]
Most Recent TV Show You Watched
by woodenheart
[November 10, 2019, 08:50:01 AM]
Little Necro Red
by woodenheart
[November 10, 2019, 08:40:29 AM]
A Christmas Carol {2019} Mini Series
by splat
[November 09, 2019, 08:05:38 PM]
Xtro (1982)
by splat
[November 09, 2019, 08:04:17 PM]
Favourite British Films
by CountOrlok
[November 08, 2019, 09:46:40 PM]
Tammy and the T-Rex (1994) (GORE CUT)
by CountOrlok
[November 08, 2019, 05:35:41 AM]
Michael Myers is Back in 2020’s ‘Halloween Kills’ and 2021’s ‘Halloween Ends'
by woodenheart
[November 08, 2019, 04:42:12 AM]
Color Out of Space {2019}
by woodenheart
[November 06, 2019, 04:38:41 PM]
Short Films From the UNDERGROUND.
by woodenheart
[November 06, 2019, 06:31:18 AM]

Author Topic: Melancholie der Engel {2009}  (Read 7621 times)

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • 病気の
Melancholie der Engel {2009}
« on: September 19, 2013, 08:44:04 PM »

Director: Marian Dora

A dark secret connects Katze and Brauth, two middle aged men. Katze has the clue that his end is near. The two friends meet again after years to share their last days in the old house where everything happened a long time ago. With three girls they met on their way, the atmosphere begins to recur a second time. When Heinrich, and old artist, decides to attend after all, the friends have their last chance to renew and cut with the history and to settle an old score. In the melancholy of the near end, Katze passes again all the situations in his life. In the hour of death, he’s not alone anymore. His body is gone and his soul stays back in the same place where his destiny and fulfillment occurred.

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • hello sick deviant fucks
Re: Melancholie der Engel {2009}
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 09:54:42 AM »
I believe it was sometime last year I viewed this movie. Was captured with the promise of some debauched imagery and an interesting storyline.

Unfortunately the copy I viewed had no subtitles so wasn't able to truly capture the gist of the storyline and why certain things were happening. For this movie I felt that that was very important.

Glad you did this wooden as viewing the trailer brought back memories of this film and makes me want to watch it again sooner then later...this time with subtitles as well...I hope  :nerdyembarassed:

Offline corpus_vile

• Twisted
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 06:26:53 AM »
I've only seen it without subs too and found it bizarrely absorbing and surprisingly glossy, for such a filthfest. :D
Dora's definitely one to keep an eye out for,  as I thought his Cannibal was very good and his Reich nacht agatis (not sure if I spelled that right) also wasn't bad although I had to watch that one w/o subs as well.
Hey look at that! She's not crazy she's being chased by a cheetah!

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • 病気の
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 09:43:18 AM »
A great scene with video tape and the most amazing rape with a knife. I'm pretty sure this has subs now.

Offline corpus_vile

• Twisted
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 11:19:56 AM »
Yeah I heard it had come since with subs, and have been meaning to check it out again. It was long enough from memory though as well, so it may be a while before I get to sit down to- and be in the right frame of mind for- again. :D
He has this weird mystique thing going for him as well with persistent rumours that he's a fuhreelz qualified doctor, although I dunno how true this is. Also- and I do wish to stress that this is a rumour, (in case Herr Dora's lawyers are members here :D), but there's also persistent rumours that he used real corpses in some of his shorts, although how true this is, is anyone's guess.
The only thing about him I know for sure about him is that he worked quite a bit with  German Hackmeister Uli Lommel, and afaik,Lommel actually appears in Melancholie or contributes in some way anyway.
Here's a brief interview with him if you're interested,in which he discusses Melancholie and is apparently influenced by Ruggero Deodato films, which gives him extra cool points for me. :D.

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • 病気の
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 12:24:39 PM »
oh wow..

The Tenderness of Wolves, is one of my favorite films.. Any others films you can recommend from the direction of Uli Lommel?

Offline corpus_vile

• Twisted
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 03:46:32 PM »
I've never seen it and tbh, I've only seen two Lommel films I've liked, one being The Boogey Man, which you've probably seen as it's an ex Video Nasty and Olivia (1683), which actually isn't great but I sorta liked anyway. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082841/reference

Lately, he simply seems to be churning out film after film about real life serial killers, and by all accounts, none of them are great from what I heard. I've actually seen very little of his stuff though.

Offline Mario

• Twisted
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 10:53:48 AM »
I don't know what happened to Ulli Lommel. I really like his early works like The Boogeyman and Cocaine Cowboys, but his new movies all seem to blow. He must have lost his spark somewhere down the road.

Anyway, I haven't seen Melancholie Der Engel yet, but I am looking forward to Massacre Video's upcoming release of Reise Nach Agatis. Louis said it will have lots of extras including an interview with Dora and several of his shorts.

Do you really need subtitles for Melancholie Der Engel or is it a movie that's easy to follow without them? I've heard there's so much onscreen depravity, nobody seems to care whether they understand it or not.

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 11:09:39 AM »
I myself would love to see this with subtitles Mario.

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 09:10:52 AM »
Been looking on amazon.com and e-bay and no signs at all of Melancholie der Engel.

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 08:59:02 AM »
So tempted but gone over my quota of buying right now unfortunately.