Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Topics

Post The Last Movie You Watched
by General Ox
[Today at 05:23:40 AM]
Abrakadabra, the New Film By the Onetti Brothers
by woodenheart
[Today at 04:21:55 AM]
Scars of Xavier {2017}
by LaMorte
[Today at 02:48:23 AM]
Newest Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS You Have Bought?
by woodenheart
[March 17, 2019, 03:16:40 PM]
Night of Fear (1972)
by woodenheart
[March 17, 2019, 11:45:45 AM]
13 Dolls in Darkness {2017}
by woodenheart
[March 17, 2019, 11:31:20 AM]
Cerebral Films
by woodenheart
[March 16, 2019, 07:36:15 PM]
Unearthed Films
by woodenheart
[March 16, 2019, 08:32:15 AM]
A Record of Sweet Murder (2014)
by woodenheart
[March 16, 2019, 08:10:20 AM]
Too EXTREME for mainstream
by woodenheart
[March 16, 2019, 07:53:30 AM]
Lords Of Chaos {2018}
by Snuff
[March 15, 2019, 07:49:36 PM]
TERATOMORPH
by splat
[March 13, 2019, 09:52:39 AM]
Close Calls {2017}
by woodenheart
[March 09, 2019, 08:43:58 PM]
Brightburn {2019} Superhero HORROR!
by woodenheart
[March 08, 2019, 04:25:47 AM]
Who WATCHED Oliver? ~ A Who's Watching Oliver Film Celebration~
by splat
[March 07, 2019, 09:11:16 PM]

Author Topic: Reise nach Agatis ( 2010)  (Read 15510 times)

Offline Visitor Q

• Streamer, Podcaster, Reviewer and More...
  • Debauched
Reise nach Agatis ( 2010)
« on: May 30, 2013, 08:40:56 PM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1754412/

A couple and a young woman travel by boat to Agatis.

Here is another little sicko film from Marian Dora (Cannibal, Melancholie der Engel). I'm not a 100% sure, but according to info I've read it was shot over 3 days and with a budget of around $10,000. If true Dora puts a lot film makers to shame. The movie is simple, but it is a bit slow and padded with a lot of scenery shots. It also has a Giallo feel and look to it at times. It is worth noting that there isn't a lot of violence, but what little there is quite shocking and cringe worthy. IMO it is a must see for fans of extreme cinema, I liked it a lot. :)
livevisitor @ Twitch, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube

Live Visitor @ Facebook Visitor_Q @ Letterboxd

Fucked Up Cinema Group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Vizitrorq/?ref=bookmarks

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • 病気の
Re: Reise nach Agatis ( 2010)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 06:38:00 PM »
I can't believe what I just saw....

A wonderful picture, scenery and cinematography that was a beautiful as a painting; music, smooth, heavenly, violins.

All the above were on my screen as some of the most vile and horrendous things played before me. Fuck.

This was amazing. <3

Offline Mario

• EHC Staff Writer
  • Twisted
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 06:46:30 PM »
First time I've heard of this one. Sounds interesting. I haven't seen Melancholie Der Engel yet, but I really liked Cannibal. How does this one compare with Cannibal and the other one?

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • 病気の
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 06:55:23 PM »
You can tell is a movie from him. This was an hour and 15 mins long. It had not as much sick scenes but just enough to be perfect..for what was playing on your screen.

Offline Visitor Q

• Debauched
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 06:56:55 PM »
First time I've heard of this one. Sounds interesting. I haven't seen Melancholie Der Engel yet, but I really liked Cannibal. How does this one compare with Cannibal and the other one?

Hard to compare, this movie is very short with a running time of 77mins, it is also quite slow. There isn't much violence. But, what violence and perversion that is featured is top notch and well worth seeing the movie for IMO.

Offline Visitor Q

• Debauched
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 07:00:03 PM »
You can tell is a movie from him. This was an hour and 15 mins long. It had not as much sick scenes but just enough to be perfect..for what was playing on your screen.

What did you think of the violence and perversion? I loved it, the violence blew me away.

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • 病気の
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 08:26:08 PM »

What did you think of the violence and perversion? I loved it, the violence blew me away.

I loved it aswell. That guy was such a sick fuck. I even loved the boat ride, slow but I was just waiting...

Offline Renacimiento

• Debauched
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 01:19:11 PM »
I just finished watching it, and it turned out pretty good, I could not help but notice a certain similarity to Regarde la mer aka See the sea that also little  film from François Ozon, that style crudely filmed, where in the intermediate, little happens until the pinnacle moment to the last stretches of the film where the level of madness and depravity are released. This also happened in Ozon's film but  Reise nach Agatis becomes much more explicit in its final part.

Offline Mario

• EHC Staff Writer
  • Twisted
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 09:41:55 PM »
http://massacrevideo.com/site/

This one's being released in the states by Massacre Video in 2014! Here are the details:

Lastly, we will be handling the North American DVD for the extremely controversial film Voyage to Agatis by director Marian Dora. Fans of Marian Dora’s work will be delighted to see this film completely uncut and with English subtitles for the first time ever! The disc will also feature many supplements, including an exclusive rare interview with director Marian Dora and actor Thomas Goersch.

(not official Massacre Video artwork)

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • what is it!
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 11:39:01 PM »
How awesome is THAT! Thanks Mario man, really appreciate the heads up : ) ...I for one will most certainly grab this, so many wonderfully things stated!

I am going to fix up Vis Q's original thread as it is fucking boring and needs some life and love put into it  :nerdystraight:

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • what is it!
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 09:13:12 AM »
http://massacrevideo.com/site/

This one's being released in the states by Massacre Video in 2014! Here are the details:

Lastly, we will be handling the North American DVD for the extremely controversial film Voyage to Agatis by director Marian Dora. Fans of Marian Dora’s work will be delighted to see this film completely uncut and with English subtitles for the first time ever! The disc will also feature many supplements, including an exclusive rare interview with director Marian Dora and actor Thomas Goersch.

(not official Massacre Video artwork)

Just wanted to bump this up. His movies seem to go OOP very quickly or turn up ridiculously priced. My only problem buying from them is postage considering where I live.

Offline Mario

• EHC Staff Writer
  • Twisted
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 08:20:52 AM »
I was actually thinking about buying the current German DVD to hold me over till Massacre's release comes out. I know the German disc doesn't have English subtitles, but somebody said in a YouTube review that you don't really need dialogue to understand it.

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • what is it!
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 08:56:45 AM »
I will wait though I too don't mind no subs.

I watched a few German movies like this and was fine with it.

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • what is it!
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 05:29:22 PM »
Details of the Massacre Video release for this at The Underground Bizarre http://extremehorrorcinema.com/index.php?topic=2551.msg29734#msg29734

Offline WarBeast

• Twisted
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 11:21:57 PM »
I was just notified by computer that I'm running out of HD space, so the time purge is at hand. I tend to acquire more movies than I tend to get around to watching and usually, as I'm browsing through my movie folder, I am faced with many movies that I haven't the slightest clue about.. Generally, these are ends up going into the digital dumpster when I'm purging files.

I was just about to give the click-click-bye-bye treatment to Reise nach Agatis a few minutes ago, because I simply didn't know what the hell it was or why I downloaded.. BUT something niggled at the back of my brain that maybe I should refrain from sending the real of the permanently deleted.

And so, I did a little google search, and lo and behold, it brought me here.. after reading the comments on this thread, I've decided it definitely sounds like I need to watch this before getting rid of it.

Thanks for the heads up, everyone. :)