Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Topics

Lake of Shadows: The Legend of Avocado Lake {2019}
by woodenheart
[Yesterday at 07:14:23 PM]
Post The Last Movie You Watched
by Mayvmi
[Yesterday at 04:08:15 PM]
Clownado ~ A Film By Todd Sheets
by Seikotik
[Yesterday at 11:16:57 AM]
Abrakadabra, the New Film By the Onetti Brothers
by woodenheart
[March 19, 2019, 04:21:55 AM]
Scars of Xavier {2017}
by LaMorte
[March 19, 2019, 02:48:23 AM]
Newest Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS You Have Bought?
by woodenheart
[March 17, 2019, 03:16:40 PM]
Night of Fear (1972)
by woodenheart
[March 17, 2019, 11:45:45 AM]
13 Dolls in Darkness {2017}
by woodenheart
[March 17, 2019, 11:31:20 AM]
Cerebral Films
by woodenheart
[March 16, 2019, 07:36:15 PM]
Unearthed Films
by woodenheart
[March 16, 2019, 08:32:15 AM]
A Record of Sweet Murder (2014)
by woodenheart
[March 16, 2019, 08:10:20 AM]
Too EXTREME for mainstream
by woodenheart
[March 16, 2019, 07:53:30 AM]
Lords Of Chaos {2018}
by Snuff
[March 15, 2019, 07:49:36 PM]
TERATOMORPH
by splat
[March 13, 2019, 09:52:39 AM]
Close Calls {2017}
by woodenheart
[March 09, 2019, 08:43:58 PM]

Author Topic: The Mountain of the Cannibal God (1978)  (Read 8601 times)

Offline General Ox

• My world is darker now, than the blackest crow.
  • Administrator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
Re: The Mountain of the Cannibal God (1978)
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 03:45:04 AM »
This arrived on Friday, a lot quicker than I thought.

I liked it. Was better than I thought it was going to be, aside from some shoddy acting, which I had expected, it didn't really effect anything though. I thought it was a pretty cool flick, and a few things happened that I weren't expecting along their joyful adventure. I think I've seen the Minkey death before somewhere. He look on the things face is priceless it knows it's fucked hahahaha. Snakes gotta eat.

The end was pretty cool, that Boone nude getting he rub down was indeed nice, although not a fan of hair down there. Lol. There was a lot of documentary style footage too, which was cool. I'm glad I checked this out!

8/10
A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Offline shaza123

• Twisted
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 06:56:30 AM »
Glad you liked this, General! It was definitely entertaining for sure!  :grinwink:
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

Offline I_Drink_Your_Blood

• Baron Blood
  • Depraved
  • Drinking your blood since '83
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 10:53:56 PM »
There are 2 things I will not watch or put in a film I am making animal abuse and child buse. I don't see why cannibal films have to feel the need to have animal abuse whether it be real or fake.

The apparent animal cruelty obsession was purely a product of the times. On the back of Jacopetti's successful mondo films of the 1960s (Mondo Cane, Africa Blood and Guts etc.) directors almost felt they 'had' to include animal cruelty in their cannibal films to up the shock factor. Some of them (Deodato in particular) have gone on record to say they now regret some of the scenes they filmed involving animals.

Speaking as an animal lover, I also find it quite sickening in most cases, but also respect that these films were a product of their time, and therefore show us an interesting insight into a period of cinema, which I doubt whether we'll see repeated again - at least not on the same scale.

Offline General Ox

• Administrator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2013, 03:07:52 AM »
There are 2 things I will not watch or put in a film I am making animal abuse and child buse. I don't see why cannibal films have to feel the need to have animal abuse whether it be real or fake.

Cry, cry, cry. Bitch, bitch, bitch.

:tongue2:
A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Offline Sek'Tal Alcyone

• Demented
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2013, 06:48:31 AM »
You don't eat meat then right? Because people moaning about animal cruelty while chomping on a beef burger is somewhat of a contradiction.

Offline Sek'Tal Alcyone

• Demented
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 07:50:44 AM »
You don't eat meat then right? Because people moaning about animal cruelty while chomping on a beef burger is somewhat of a contradiction.

I m a vegetarian actually. I eat eggs and dairy products though.

Well, then good. I can't stand the same old, same old from people regarding the animal cruelty in these films. Have a look at how your food is produced before you bitch about unnecessary cruelty (not you personally, obviously, you soulless eater of innocent plants), having worked in a slaughter house for a very short time I can tell you that these animals aren't exactly treated well.

Offline General Ox

• Administrator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2013, 12:36:17 AM »
A lot of old westerns use wires to trip horses over.

As for the animal discussion. I couldn't give two fucks what happens to it before it dies, as long as the bastard tastes gooooood I'm happy as Larry.

Anyway, lets not go all animal rights here please.

Offline Moggy

• Twisted
The Mountain of the Cannibal God
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2018, 04:13:39 PM »
Yeah, just a quickie review of a film I watched last night:

Ursula Andress and her brother fly to the island of Roka in the (apparently) uncharted New Guinea jungle. I think Ursula Andress is searching for her missing husband or something.  Fuck knows? I think they discover the corpse of her hubby but then it's revealed that they're all looking for uranium deposits or something (?)

Anyway, production values are surprisingly high, as you might expect from an accomplished film maker like Sergio Martino and it's far better than many of the Italo jungle shockers that came afterwards. I mean, it's shit, don't get me wrong but it does have, at times, astounding if not totally crude scenes of rainforest animal slaughter. Fuck exposition and development and characterisation, all animal slaughter here is purely sensational and exploitative and downright nasty but this is 1978 and this is Italy! WOO!! :D

So yeah, it's not all hogwash, there are some notable action-adventure scenes, even if they are cliché-after-cliché. I suppose it all depends on what you're into; if you're anything like me then you'll prolly enjoy this nasty little film, if you're not then watch something else and FUCK OFF!!!

Offline General Ox

• Administrator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
Re: The Mountain of the Cannibal God
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2018, 03:57:06 AM »
I think there may be a thread for this. I believe this is where I found out about this film, and then bought it.

I haven't watched it for years and though it wasn't great I was pretty surprised with it. Some pretty good scenes. I'll have to check it out again.

EDIT: Merged the two. Jesus. That's the most I've done here for years. I need a break.